So my daughter is entering this scream and cry stage.
If she does something and I send her to time out, she sits there and scream "NO!"
Arrgh, what is this new thing?
I do not like it at all, and it's freaking me out every time because she does it differently.
What actually makes this worse is that she is starting to do this in front of visitors, and it is kind of embarrassing.
But a thinking mommy always come up with a good idea.
What have I started doing, since shes' started this screaming and "NO!" thing.
Well, I now sit her in a quiet room with a book and tell her to read. She loves looking for words she knows, so she actually enjoys her reading time spurts. Now instead of time-out, with no progress I get her to calm down and to read at one time. After she read, I ask her to acknowledge her behavior and apologize and I tell her why/how what she did was no good.
Amazing thinking on my behalf to switch it up a bit, but I'm sure there's much more to come.
So at least I'm thinking of new ways of discipline. Yay smart momma!
Remember that even though they misbehave that "All Kids are Precious."
To be considered for Mother Of The Week please send an email to allkidsareprecious@yahoo.com with subject line "Mother of the Week" and a mother will be randomly picked. Good Luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment