So Christmas is coming up and I have been battling with if I should tell my daughter the kid version of Santa Clause, that he was a friendly man that gave gifts to needy etc.
After Christmas is Easter so will I tell her about this Easter Bunny.
Well lets be honest I have already told her that Santa Clause was a very giving man but in no way shape or form is he coming to our house to bring gifts. I tell her that people really close to her that loves her bought her a bunch of gifts. Simple and no need to lie!
And the Easter Bunny I will get to that soon.
But my whole thing is why teach our children not to lie and remain honest, when we are doing all of the lying to them?
We lie about Santa Clause, The Easter Bunny, The Tooth Fairy, and so much other things, I will not lie to my child.
In my years I have seen many children heart-broken when they find out none of these characters are real. They cry, they have nightmares and it's sad that we as parents allow things like this to hurt our children.
So stay honest and remember All Kids Are Precious!
To be considered for Mother Of The Week please send an email to allkidsareprecious@yahoo.com with subject line "Mother of the Week" and a mother will be randomly picked. Good Luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment